The 31st Singapore International Film Festival (SGIFF) will adopt the hybrid format with cinema and online film screenings from 26 November to 6 December 2020, featuring more than 70 films across 49 countries. There will be numerous live online panels as well, which can be accessed both locally and overseas.
The festival opens with Singaporean filmmaker Tan Bee Thiam’s hotly-anticipated TIONG BAHRU SOCIAL CLUB, and will showcase more than 20 Singaporean features and shorts, including new films by Wee Li Lin (EAST COAST PARK LOVERS), Don Aravind (SILK), Liao Jiekai (FARAWAY MY SHADOW WANDERED), Remi M. Sali (NOT MY MOTHER’S BAKING), Mark Chua & Lam Li Shuen (THE CUP), and many more.
For those into world cinema, some notable and buzzier films by established voices include:
- AMMONITE (Francis Lee, UK)
- DAYS (Tsai Ming-liang, Taiwan)
- FIRST COW (Kelly Reichardt, USA)
- GENUS PAN (Lav Diaz, Philippines)
- MALMKROG (Cristi Puiu, Romania)
- NEW ORDER (Michel Franco, Mexico)
- NOMADLAND (Chloe Zhao, USA)
- TRUE MOTHERS (Naomi Kawase, Japan)
- WIFE OF A SPY (Kiyoshi Kurosawa, Japan)
- WOMAN WHO RAN, THE (Hong Sang-soo, South Korea)
- YELLOW CAT (Adilkhan Yerzhanov, Kazakhstan)
Ticket sales will begin at SISTIC and The Projector Plus from Fri 6 Nov, 12pm. Check out SGIFF’s website for more details: https://www.sgiff.com/
Enjoy and have a blast at the festival in the cinemas or from home!